At least two horse trailer/recreational vehicles belonging to Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration visitors were burglarized Saturday night on Whitthorne Street, according to police reports.
- Jewelry valued at $6,500 was taken from one trailer. The owner said the most valuable was a gold horseshoe ring with a diamond in the center.
The burglar caused $4,000 damage to the floor while overturning furniture in the trailer, police said.
- Millie and Jake, both Boston Terrier dogs, were missing from one vehicle.
The victim told Shelbyville officer Brandt Stephens nothing else appeared to be missing.
Both dogs had name tags with the victim’s phone number.
Multiple charges, including motor vehicle theft, were filed against a homeless Shelbyville man after several related incidents Saturday night.
Residents of a Deery Street home told police Terry Dwight Mooningham, 38, entered around 9:30 p.m. asking for a man connected to a fight earlier at Fisherman’s Park. Mooningham didn’t find the man and allegedly quickly sped off in a black Chevrolet pickup, in the process striking and causing $5,000 damage to the home’s central air unit.
Shortly after midnight Sunday morning police were told Mooningham was attempting to start fights with customers at Speedway, Madison Street, before leaving in a white van bearing decals from a South Cannon Boulevard business.
Officer Dylan Bliss found Mooningham at the business seated in a truck which belongs to an employee of the firm and allegedly had been burglarized. The Chevrolet truck damaged on Deery Street and the van were nearby with keys visible.
An owner of the business told police employees sometimes leave their vehicles there with keys inside.
Mooningham was charged with theft of property for the two alleged joyrides, two counts of driving on a revoked license and one count each of burglary and vandalism. He was held on $48,500 bond.
The report noted Mooningham allegedly cursed and threatened officers repeatedly.
An Estill Springs man was charged with two counts of rape of a child following his arrest earlier this week.
Bruce Alan Prince, 40, is in custody on $75,000 bond.
Prince allegedly committed acts against extended family members under age 13 for some time before two victims came forward, the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office said. He was also charged with failure to appear and had been sought for more than a year.
- A blue 2015 Nissan Altima with a missing driver’s side mirror was stolen over the weekend from the parking lot of Park Trail Apartments, Green Lane, police said.
- A trailer was taken Monday or Tuesday from J&P Auctions, Union Street.
- A Charter Arms .357 Magnum handgun was stolen from a Warners Bridge Road home between Aug. 25 and Tuesday, police were told.
- Officers said they found methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia on a man detained Tuesday night due to an active warrant for his arrest.
Detective Nathan Everhart saw Ronald Franklin Ferrell, 52, of Cowan Avenue walking on East Franklin Street shortly before 10 p.m. and notified patrol officers.
Ferrell allegedly gave a fake name and kept reaching into his pockets, which contained several knives, until told at taser point to stop, Officer Darrian Lanier’s report said.
Police allegedly found 1.3 grams of meth and paraphernalia on Ferrell. The warrant for failure was served and new charges of possession of a schedule II drug and paraphernalia and criminal impersonation were filed. Ferrell was held on $11,500 bond.
- Marijuana was found in a car after the driver was seen by a police officer crossing the center line of North Main Street on Sunday night.
David Alexander Arieta, 26, of Antioch allegedly had a bag containing 2.2 grams of marijuana inside his vehicle.
Arieta, who is unlicensed and handed Officer Bailey Dineen an El Salvador passport, tested .144 on an intoximeter. The threshold for intoxication is .08 in Tennessee.
Charges of DUI, possession of a schedule VI drug, no driver’s license and failure to maintain lane were filed against Arieta, who posted $5,000 bond.
- A Shelbyville man was charged after marijuana was found in his vehicle Thursday in a North Main Street parking lot.
Bedford County deputies said they confiscated approximately 2 grams of marijuana from a vehicle driven by Mark Vinegas, 18, of Moreland Avenue.
Venegas and his vehicle were searched after staff at Bedford County Learning Center said he appeared to be under the influence in class. Venegas allegedly admitted smoking pot about an hour before school.
He told deputies because he has no driver’s license, he parks his vehicle at a nearby business parking lot instead of on school grounds. A grinder with remnants of marijuana was also found in the vehicle.
Venegas was charged with public intoxication and possession of a schedule VI drug and paraphernalia. He was held on $2,500 bond.
The following were charged since Friday by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Wyatt Ervin Allen, 52, South Hillcrest Drive; failure to appear; held, $5,000 bond
- Christy Lynn Anderson, 47, Knob Creek Road; driving on revoked license, property, immediate notice of accident, failure to appear; held, $5,000 bond
- David Alexander Arieta, 26, Antioch; DUI, possession of schedule VI drug, no driver’s license, failure to maintain lane; released, $5,000 bond
- Shawn Lee Baffo, 32, Elizabeth Street; driving on revoked license (sixth offense), no insurance; held, $3,000 bond
- Sara Jo Barham, 27, Peacock Lane; shoplifting, bondsman surrender; held, $2,750 bond
- Bonnie Joe Brown, 35, Rabbit Branch Road; driving on suspended license, speeding; summons issued
- Diego Cardoso Mercado, 24, Madison Street; driving on suspended license, speeding, registration violation; released on recognizance
- Jyasmine Castellano, 26, Frank Martin Road; shoplifting; released, $250 bond
- Cole Chambers, 39, South Cannon Boulevard; misuse of 911; held, $2,000 bond
- Tadelro Dashawn Conley, 30, Barksdale Lane; driving on revoked license (second offense), light law; held, $2,000 bond
- Michael Lee Cox, 33, Anthony Lane; aggravated domestic assault, domestic assault; released, $22,500 bond
- Tammy Nicole Crowley, 45, Bay Minette, Alabama; show cause hearing, probation revocation; held, $7,500 bond
- Timothy Scott Davis, 54, Big Springs Road; driving on suspended license (fifth offense), speeding; released, $5,000 bond
- Kelly Nicole Dodson, 39, East Depot Street; theft of property; held, $2,500 bond
- Morgan Danielle Dunn, 25, Lantern Lane; failure to appear, bench warrant (possession of drug paraphernalia); held, $4,000 bond
- Joseph Brock Edmondson, 37, Chestnut Drive; failure to appear, bondsman surrender, bench warrant, domestic assault; held, $4,000 bond
- Zandi Engelbrecht, 23, Spring Hill; DUI; held, $2,500 bond
- Ronald Franklin Ferrell, 52, Cowan Avenue; failure to appear, criminal impersonation, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of schedule II drug; held, $11,500 bond
- Terrence Mauri Fortenberry, 27, Hickory Drive; perjury, violation of sex offender registry (two counts); held, $30,000 bond
- Maria Miguel Gaspar, 32, Wheeler Street; light law, driving on suspended license; released, no bond
- Myiah Nicole Grizzard, 20, Nashville; possession of schedule VI drug, speeding; summons issued
- David Martin Hightower, 58, North Thompson Street; domestic assault; held, $7,500 bond
- James McKinley Jett, 49, Peacock Lane; attachment; held, $1,000 bond
- Francisco Perez Lopez, 28, Smyrna; driving on revoked license, light law; released on recognizance
- Braxton Lee McAllister, 18, Lewis Avenue; domestic assault; held, $3,000 bond
- Jayden Russell Moody, 20, Pressgrove Road; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
- Terry Dwight Mooningham, 38, homeless, Shelbyville; theft of motor vehicle (two counts), felony vandalism, driving on revoked license (two counts), auto burglary; held, $48,500 bond
- Michael Allen Morris, 34, Murfreesboro; public intoxication; held, $500 bond
- Kathy Shanowa M. Parker, 18, Petersburg; no driver’s license, failure to yield, no insurance; released on recognizance
- Dustin Tyler Pate, 30, Murfreesboro; failure to appear, bench warrant; held, $3,000 bond
- Alvaro G. Perez, 39, Edgemont Drive; driving on suspended license, speeding (44/30); released on recognizance
- Kyren Tiez Perkins, 25, Cedar River Road; probation revocation; held, $5,000 bond
- Bruce Alan Prince, 40, Estill Springs; rape of a child (two counts), failure to appear, bench warrant (probation revocation); held, $75,000 bond
- Mashavu Sheri Qualls. 24, Landers Street; no driver’s license, no insurance, speeding; released on recognizance
- Nellie Mai Redd, 43, Couch Lane; failure to appear; released, $2,500 bond
- Kilmar Escobar Reyes, 24, Antioch; public intoxication; released, no bond
- John Casey Sadler, 33, Viking Lane; domestic assault; held, $7,500 bond
- Lauren Ellon Smith, 34, Adams Hollow Road; aggravated domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond