Two people who told Shelbyville police they’re homeless were arrested Tuesday after officers discovered they were wanted in other areas.
Police were called after a report the suspects had spent a long time at outdoor tables at Speedway, Madison Street.
The two allegedly gave Officer Chris Vest false names, but Officer Matt Sharp found their actual names on Facebook and warrant checks were run.
Vest found Joseph Dakota Medley, 24, and Jennifer Nicole Britten, 30, later in the day at the old Rite Aid building on Madison Street.
Medley, who had active warrants from Alabama and Coffee County, allegedly had a bag containing crystal methamphetamine and glass pipes. He told Vest the bag was found in the roadway.
Britten was wanted in Marshall County for violation of probation.
Medley was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and criminal impersonation and held on $3,500 bond.
Britten was charged with criminal impersonation and held on $1,500 bond.
Not actual escape
A suspect being sought for what’s listed on a warrant as “jail escape” was arrested Tuesday by Shelbyville police.
Jessica Dean Barrett, 24, was riding in a vehicle seen by Detective Nathaniel Everhart pulling out of a business parking lot.
Everhart and Officer Matt Sharp stopped the vehicle and arrested Barrett without incident.
Barrett didn’t actually escape from jail, the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office said.
She was ordered to go through a rehab program and allegedly stopped attending before completion, which is legally termed a form of jail escape.
The following were charged since Monday by the Bedford County Sher-iff’s Office, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt and innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Samantha Summer Aikens, 25, Fairview Avenue; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
- Jessica Dean Barrett, 27, Chestnut Drive; violation of probation, jail escape; held, no bond
- Luke Aaron Barton, 27, Rabbit Branch Road; violation of probation, show cause hearing, released, no bond
- Jeremy David Bomar, 50, Spring Street,Wartrace; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
- Jae Lynsey Boyce, 49, Knoxville; show cause hearing, violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond •Seth Anderson Brewer, 29, East Lane Street; failure to appear; summons issued
- Jennifer Nicole Britten, 30, homeless, Shelbyville; criminal impersonation; held, $1,500 bond
- Angela Joy Conner, 50, Pepper Hill Road; violation of probation; held, $1,000 bond
- Daniel Rodriguez Cruz, 34, La Vergne; violation of probation; released, $1,500 bond
- Roman Estabon Diaz, 33, Dover Street; speeding, DUI, driving on suspended license; released, $4,000 bond •Domingo Juan Domingo, 24, Tanner Circle; failure to appear; released, $1,500 bond
- Joshua Cain Edison, 34, Madison, Tennessee; violation of probation; released, $1,500 bond
- Jose M. Gomez, 39, Tullahoma; no driver’s license; summons issued
- Dylan Barry Grogan, 24, Murfreesboro; violation of probation; released, $1,000 bond
- Angel Lopez, 30, Apache Place; driver to exercise due care, no driver’s license; summons issued
- JorgeRamandoLuna Curces, 33, Maplewood Drive; speeding, DUI; released, $1,500 bond
- Joseph Dakota Medley, 24, homeless, Shelbyville; criminal impersonation, drug paraphernalia; held, $3,500 bond
- Justin Dale Peoples, 68, Railroad Road; DUI, failure to maintain lane, open container, implied consent, possession of firearm while intoxicated; held, $4,000 bond
- Stephanie Carol Randolph, 47, Hendon Memorial Road; failure to appear, bench warrant; released, $5,000 bond
- Isidora Santiago, 46, King Avenue; no driver’s license, speeding; summons issued
- Jonathan Shaver, 39, homeless, Shelbyville; failure to appear; held, $1,500 bond
- James David Stinnett, 33. Petersburg; public intoxication; held, $500 bond
- Rosemary Michelle Walker, 50, Lane Parkway; possession of schedule II, VI drugs andparaphernalia; held, $3,000 bond