By DAVID MELSON - email@example.com
A bag of marijuana and fake $20 bills totaling $1,800 were found in a vehicle Saturday during a traffic stop on North Main Street.
Darach Dwayne Henry, 19, of Huntsville, Alabama was initially stopped by Officer Steven Dalton of the Shelbyville Police Department for driving 50 mph in a 30 mph zone on North Main Street.
Dalton said he smelled marijuana and searched Henry’s vehicle. Henry told Dalton he had a gun in the center console; it was confiscated along with drug paraphernalia allegedly found in the vehicle.
Henry was charged with simple possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, unlawful possession of a weapon, speeding and a registration violation, and held on $12,500 bond.
Two others were arrested during the past few days on unrelated drug charges.
- Approximately 3 grams of marijuana were found in a vehicle and 7 more grams stuffed in the driver’s clothing during a traffic stop Thursday on Horse Mountain Road, police said.
Gregory R. Stewart was initially stopped for a window tint violation by Officer Ramon Castillo. A search was conducted after Castillo said he smelled marijuana.
Stewart was charged with driving on a revoked license, simple possession of a schedule 6 drug and a window tint violation, Bond was set at $4,000.
- A small bag of powdered cocaine was found on a man after he drove into a ditch outside Beech Grove Market, Highway 64 East, on Thursday morning, a Bedford County Sheriff’s Office report said.
Ronald Wayne Jernigan, 32, of Woodbury was charged with simple possession of a schedule 2 drug, public intoxication and driving on a revoked license. The cocaine was found by Det. Sgt. Chris Brown in the seat of Jernigan’s vehicle.
Jernigan was held on $7,000 bond.
- A compact disc player was stolen from a vehicle at a Peacock Lane Sunday. The owner told a deputy he normally keeps the doors locked but they were unlocked Sunday.
No signs of forced entry were found.
A 16-year-old boy who told police he was “tired” and wanted to get home allegedly tried to outrun a Shelbyville police officer at high speed late Sunday night.
The boy was clocked at 76 mph in a 50 mph zone on North Main Street by Officer Jonathan Evans.
The youth responded to Evans’ blue lights by turning off his lights, forcing several vehicles off the roadway, and increasing his speed to 115 mph.
Eventually the boy pulled into a convenience store parking lot and surrendered.
Juvenile petitions for evading arrest by motor vehicle, reckless driving, speeding, possession of tobacco by a minor and violation of curfew were filed.
The following were charged since Friday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judiciary District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Dustin W. Arnold, 27, Davis Street; harassment; released om recognizance
- Ashley Nicole Campbell-Primm, 37, Murfreesboro; violation of probation, other unspecified charge; released on recognizance
- Issac N. Collins, 35, Estill Springs; driver to exercise due care, DUI, seat belt law; released on recognizance
- Robert Lee Conner, 30, Highway 41A North; violation of sex offender registry (three counts); held, $15,000 bond
- Gaspar Diego, 25, Rolling Road; light law, no driver’s license/exhibited on demand; released, $500 bond
- Andrew Michael Gambill, 22, Murfreesboro; possession of drug paraphernalia, simple possession (two counts), speeding; released on recognizance
- Carlito Godinez Perez, 22, Dunnaway Street; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility, running stop sign; released, no bond
- Missy Rochelle Hammond, 50, Lewisburg; violation of probation; released on recognizance
- Brandon Scott Hood, 37, Hohenwald; driving on suspended license, speeding; released on recognizance
- Ronald Wayne Jernigan, 32, Woodbury; driving on revoked license, possession of schedule 2 drug, public intoxication; held, $7,000 bond
- Dashar Rena Johnson, 29, South Fairoak Street; possession of schedule 6 drug, window tinting; released on recognizance
- James Adam Lasswell, 31, Winchester; DUI; held, $2,000 bond
- Richard Cornell Overton, 23, Tullahoma; driving on suspended license, registration law; released on recognizance
- Gregory Ricardo Stewart, 23, Stonefield Circle; driving on revoked license, possession of schedule 6 drug, window tinting; released, $4,000 bond
- Colby Lee Allen, 18, Murfreesboro; violation of probation; released, $1,500 bond
- Fernando Suarez Arriago, 34, Oak Dale Street; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, speeding; released, $500 bond
- Palsy A. Baxter, 77, Rey Moore Road; move over law; released on recognizance
- Bonnie Lynn Bowling, 42, Sherwood Drive; failure to appear; no bond
- Samuel Barrett Carlton, 34, Murfreesboro; speeding; released on recognizance
- Kristen Leighann Casteel, 29, Lewisburg; six counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, manufacture, or deliver, violation of probation; released, $22,500 bond
- Luis Francisco Martin, 21, Garden Drive; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, violation of registration law; released, $1,000 bond
- Juan Pablo Gomez-Garcia, 35, Sun Circle; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, running a red light/stop sign; released on recognizance
- Stephanie Ann Griggs, 33, Virgil Crowell Road; attachment; released, $500 bond
- Jorge Luis Guerrero Leos, 28, White Street; driving on a suspended license, DUI, speeding; $6,000 bond
- Adie Anayeli Guzman, 35, Fairlane Drive; simple domestic assault; $2,500 bond
- Darach Dwayne Henry, 19, Alabama; improper display of registration, possession of drug paraphernalia, simple possession, speeding, unlawful possession of a weapon; $12,500 bond
- Valerie Veaneal Holt, 60, Annas Way; vandalism; released, $1,500 bond
- Jacob Morris Hubert, 25, Andrew Drive, Wartrace; driving on a revoked license; released on recognizance
- Steven Eric Mangrum, 38, Simms Road; assault, aggravated domestic assault, resisting arrest by officer; $10,000 bond
- Ashleigh Lagunes Mercado, 25, Key Street; DUI, failure to maintain lane of traffic; released, $3,000 bond
- Danielle Willow Rayne Odom, 36, White Street; filing false report; released, $2,000 bond
- Jorge Reyes Avila, 21, Warner Bridge Road; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, speeding; released on recognizance
- Jaden Moses Russell, 22, Landers Street; driving on a suspended license, seatbelt law; released on recognizance
- Wayne (NMN) Shelton Jr., 42, Ray Street; attachment, evading arrest, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of schedule 6 drug; $35,000 bond
- Angela Michelle Stathers, 40, Alabama; capias, failure to appear; no bond
- Zachary David Strickland, 36, Tullahoma; aggravated assault, public intoxication, vandalism; $12,000 bond
- William Liniel Thompson III, 40, Warner Bridge Road; reckless endangerment; $2,500 bond
- Alexis Marie West, 23, Barksdale Lane; vandalism; released, $3,000 bond
- Wesley Martin Worthington, 27, homeless; evading arrest, resisting arrest by officer; $10,000 bond
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here