Two Shelbyville police officers were bitten and hit by a woman they were trying to restrain outside a Woodbury Street building Monday morning, according to an incident report.
Police were told Mystree Pigg Humphreys, 23, of Murfreesboro was causing a disruption due to angry outbursts.
Humphreys allegedly hit Officer Ramon Castillo in the head with her fist when he attempted to keep her from entering the building.
After being taken to the ground by Castillo, Humphreys allegedly bit Officer Jerry Lawrence’s right hand while resisting handcuff attempts.
She was eventually subdued with assistance from Bedford County Emergency Medical Service personnel who had been called due to her actions.
Lawrence was treated at Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital and was unable to return to duty Monday. Castillo was treated on scene and continued working.
Humphreys posted $14,000 bond on two charges of aggravated assault on an officer and charges of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
One bullet resulted in an additional charge against a man arrested for possession of a stolen gun Monday night.
A jailer found the bullet in the clothing of Kerry Yavagious Ransom, 21, of Bates Street as he was being searched at Bedford County Jail.
At that point, an additional charge of introducing contraband into a penal institution was added to charges of possession of stolen property, criminal impersonation, driving on a suspended license and a light law violation.
A second charge of introducing contraband was filed when corrections officers found marijuana, a cigarillo and a lighter while dressing Ransom into a jail uniform.
The gun, a black and green Taurus Spectrum .380, was found behind the seat of Ransom’s truck after he was stopped on West Lane Street due to a non-functioning headlight.
Ransom allegedly gave officers a false name when asked to identify himself.
Ransom was held on $20,000 bond.
One bullet was shot into a trailer and three more into a Mercedes vehicle at a mobile home park on Barksdale Lane around 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, police were told.
Three bullets and 17 shell casings were found. A truck was reportedly seen by an area resident in a nearby field at the time the shots were fired.
- Marijuana was confiscated from a driver in a traffic stop Tuesday night on U.S. 41A South, police said. Logan James Kaiser, 18, of Maupin Circle told a Bedford County deputy he had marijuana in a bag within his truck’s center console. A total of 2.76 ounces was seized. Kaiser was charged with possession of a schedule VI drug for resale. He posted$7,500bond.
- A suspect was charged with possession of schedule II and III drugs and paraphernalia after allegedly trying to avoid police while driving through the parking lot of Goodwill, Lane Parkway, Monday afternoon. Half of a Suboxone pill and a small amount of methamphetamine were found in the possession of Michael Henry Welter Jr., 42, of Madison Street, police said. Welter was held on$10,000bond. Thefts
- A security camera and solar panel was stolen from behind Elite Physical Therapy, North Main Street, shortly after 3 p.m. Sunday. Another camera shows a white man in a camo jacket removing the camera, police said.
Also reported to area authorities:
- A wheeled trailer was stolen between Saturday and Monday from the 1400 block of Cortner Road.
- A Sig Sauer 9mm semiautomatic pistol valued at $675 was stolen from a truck outside a Brooklyn Circle residence Sunday or Monday.
- An employee of Legends, North Main Street, told police $534 was taken from her purse Monday. Drone arrives A “very inexpensive” black plastic drone with blue blades landed in the driveway of Rambo’s Trailer Park, East Lane Street, Monday morning. The drone is now at Shelbyville police headquarters.
The following were charged since Monday by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Bessie Mae Anderson, 40, Manchester; failure to appear, probation revocation (two counts); held, $7,500 bond
- Cody Dale Benson, 28, Tullahoma; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
- Bobbie Joe Brown, 35, Rabbit Branch Road; resisting arrest, public intoxication; held, $3.000 bond •Jamie Lynn Dyer, 35, Fairground Heights; violation of probation; held, $2.500 bond
- Angela Floyd, 35, Tullahoma; harassment; released, no bond
- Nicholas Mateo Francisco, 25, Archery Lane; DUI, open container, no driver’s license, leaving scene of accident; held, $3,000 bond
- MystreePigg Humphreys, 23, Murfreesboro; disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, aggravated assault on officer (two counts); released, $14,000 bond
- Logan James Kaiser, 18, Maupin Circle; possession of schedule VI drug for resale; released, $7,500 bond•EsmeraldaZuseth Ledesma, 45, Green Lane; failure to appear (two counts); held, $7,500 bond
- Porfirio Martin Mejia, 24, King Arthur Court; probation revocation, failure to appear, bench warrant; released, $2,000 bond
- Robert Frank O’Donald, 51, Peacock Lane; possession of drug paraphernalia, public intoxication; held, $3,000 bond
- Clinton Powell, 52, Chockley Street; DUI, open container; released, $3,000 bond
- Abel Edwardo Ramirez, 19, Bridlewood Drive; underage possession/consumption of alcohol, criminal impersonation; held, $3,000 bond
- KerryYavagiousRansom, 21, Bates Street; light law, driving on suspended license, criminal impersonation, possession of stolen property, introducing contraband into penal institution (two counts); held, $20,000 bond
- BarryMonetelRippy, 48, East Depot Street; theft under $1,000, attachment; held, $1,500 bond
- Anthony Montana Roberts, 34, Dayton; violation of order of protection; held, $2,500 bond
- Ian James Stackhouse, 26, Finch Street; failure to appear; held, $1,000 bond
- Michael Henry Welter Jr., 42, Madison Street; probation revocation, show cause hearing, possession of schedule II drug, possession of schedule III drug, possession of drug paraphernalia; held, $10,000 bond •Mark Anthony Wilkerson, 38, County Line Road; held for Cannon County
- Jeremy B. Wix, 44, Union Ridge Road; assault; held,