A woman who Shelbyville police say admitted stabbing her husband in the throat during an argument early Sunday morning was charged with aggravated assault.
Carnisha Denise Foy, 31, of Anthony Lane was jailed on $60,000 bond, according to a Shelbyville Police Department report.
James Foy told police Carnisha Foy stabbed him after allegedly threatening him with a kitchen knife, leaving a 2-inch laceration. He called 911 for help, police said.
Several thousand dollars worth of damage was inflicted on Lone Oak Church of Christ, Highway 130 South, over the past week, the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office was told Sunday.
Seven windows were shot out with a BB gun and a mailbox was broken off a sign.
Was the cookie aisle of a Unionville-area convenience store being used as a substance drop-off site? Investigators think that may be a possibility.
A woman driving a silver newer-model Nissan Murano spent time Friday “rummaging” through the cookie selection at Three Corners Market, Highway 41A, then tried to steal a soft drink, a clerk said.
The woman paid for the drink, then sat in her SUV for several minutes before leaving, a clerk told Deputy Gabrielle Doyle of the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office. The suspect’s identity was not obtained.
A small brown plastic bag containing 2.9 grams of a “white powdery substance” was found by the clerk in the cookie aisle where the suspect had been. The Murano was seen driving slowly by the store later.
Shortly after the woman left, a man in a white work van began “rummaging” through the cookies, the clerk told Doyle, before buying cookies and leaving.
A man reporting to Bedford County Jail to serve time Friday allegedly brought a little something extra with him.
A corrections officer told Deputy Jacob Miller he found a crack pipe on James Mark Dennis III, 48, of Shelbyville. Dennis, who allegedly first claimed he “found it on the ground,” was charged with introducing contraband into a penal institution. A $5,500 bond was added.
The following were arrested since Thursday by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol, or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- James Mark Dennis III, 48, no address listed; introducing contraband in penal institutions; $5,500 bond
- Carnisha Denise Foy, 31, Anthony Lane; aggravated assault; $60,000 bond
- Paul Blandon Haradon II, 46, Kingston Corner Road; DUI, simple possession; $3,500 bond
- Carlos Juarez, 48, Brooklyn Circle; DUI, financial responsibility, light law, no driver's license/exhibited on demand, open container law, speeding; $4,500 bond
- Jeremy Reed, 33, Manchester; failure to appear; no bond
- Carlene J. Sherrill, 62, 6th Avenue, Bell Buckle; driver to exercise due care, DUI, financial responsibility, no driver's license/exhibited on demand, open container law, traffic control device (stop sign); $3,000 bond
- Gary Burton Thomas, 59, Winners Circle; DUI; $3,000 bond
- Antonio Torres, 47, Sandusky Street; driving on a revoked license, DUI, open container law, possession of handgun while under the influence, possession of schedule II drug, reckless/careless driving, resisting arrest by officer; $15,000 bond