By DAVID MELSON - email@example.com
A work trailer valued at $4,000 containing $10,000 worth of tools was stolen from a construction site on Highway 41A North overnight Thursday, a Bedford County Sheriff’s Office report said.
A lock cut from the trailer was left behind.
A woman was charged with resisting arrest, domestic assault and disorderly conduct due to a disturbance at her Landers Street home Friday night, police said.
Brittany Burdine, 36, was found by officers on her front porch where she’d allegedly been dragged during an argument. Burdine allegedly loudly cursed medical personnel called to the scene and refused orders to give officers her hands when being arrested.
Officer Gary Goodwin said in his report he, Interim Sgt. Rod Stacy and Officer Darrian Lanier “had to physically roll her over and handcuff her.” Burdine was held without bond.
A suspect faces multiple charges after allegedly taking two cell phones from a woman’s vehicle, then rolling up a window of his own vehicle with her arm stuck in it around midnight Thursday morning.
Jeffrey Wayne Draper, 33, of East Depot Street is charged with auto burglary, aggravated domestic assault, theft of property and vandalism.
The victim was reaching into Draper’s vehicle in an attempt to get her keys and phone after he arrived outside her North Main Street workplace late Wednesday, Shelbyville police said. A co-worker came to her aid after Draper allegedly rolled the window up. A window rain guard was damaged on Draper’s vehicle, police said.
Draper allegedly got of his vehicle and disabled both phones by throwing them to the ground. Police said Draper drove to police headquarters nearby and reported damage to his vehicle’s window rain guard during the incident as vandalism.
Bond for Draper was set at $12,500 after a 24-hour hold.
- “Just trying to survive” was the reason a shoplifting suspect gave police for allegedly taking 16 items worth a total of almost $450 Thursday at Walmart.
A loss prevention officer said he was able to stop Thomas Tackett, 48, from pushing a cart out of the store without paying for the contents. Tackett’s address was not available.
- A woman took two baseball gloves, up to six pieces of silverware, deli fried chicken and a bottle of cleaning solution Sunday afternoon at Walmart, police said.
She paid only for alcohol while ignoring the other items she’d placed in her purse, then ran out of the store when approached by loss prevention personnel, according to the report.
The suspect, described only as white with brown hair, was last seen leaving in a white car, possibly a Ford Fusion.
The following were charged since Monday by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Isaiah Laquan Bowen, 19, Fairground Heights; financial responsibility, no driver's license/exhibited on demand, speeding; released on recognizance
- Jeffrey Wayne Draper, 34, East Depot Street; auto burglary (motor home), aggravated domestic assault, theft of property, vandalism; $12,500 bond
- Stacey Louise Dudeck, 45, Shelbyville Drive; violation of probation (Circuit Court, two counts), violation of probation (General Sessions, two counts); no bond
- Justin Thomas Grisham, 25, Deery Street; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
- Vaughn Vincent Gulley, 42, Murfreesboro; aggravated assault; released, $50,000 bond
- Tommy Eugene Lucas, 70, Woodbury Street; failure to appear; no bond
- Shawn Denise Payne, 47, Midland Road; capias, failure to appear; released, no bond
- Joshua Polk Pearson, 31, Tullahoma; capias, failure to appear; no bond
- William Garvin Pickel, 31, Smyrna; failure to appear; no bond
- Rigoberto Rivera Bueso, 28, Austin Avenue; driving on a revoked license; $1,000 bond
- Johnny Velazquaz-Flons, 44, Depot Street; light law, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released, no bond
- Timothy Ray Arbogast, Jr., 35, Church Street; shoplifting; released, no bond
- Jessica Dean Barrett, 28, McMinnville; failure to appear; no bond
- Brittany Burdine, 37, Landers Street; disorderly conduct, simple domestic assault, resisting arrest by officer; no bond
- Michael Wayne Butterworth, 23, Nunnelly; violation of probation; $4,500 bond
- David Alexander Chicoj, 23, Fairway Green; light law, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released on recognizance
- Cassie Jo Cook, 22, Anthony Lane; possession of schedule 6 drug; released, $5,000 bond
- Maria De Jesus Cruz, 32, Murfreesboro; financial responsibility, no driver's license/exhibited on demand, violation of vehicle light law; released on recognizance
- Isaiah Thomas Curry, 20, Shelbyville Mills Road; aggravated assault; released, $4,500 bond
- Jamie Lee Flora, 46, Moody Street; trespassing; released, $1,500 bond
- Ana Elizabeth Gaspar, 37, Green Lane; driver to exercise due care, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released on recognizance
- Kendra Rae Gluc, 35, Church Street; theft involving merchandise (shoplifting); released on recognizance
- Mardoguuo Jeremias Gomez, 31, Greenwood Avenue; driving on a suspended license, speeding; released in recognizance
- Mario Amica Gomez Sales, 21, Fairfield Pike; financial responsibility, no driver's license/exhibited on demand, open container law, reckless/careless driving; $2,000 bond
- Thomas Edgar Habel, 46, Warner's Bridge Road; DUI, driving on a suspended license; released, $4,500 bond
- Bernando Hernandez Albino, 46, Crossville; no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released, $500 bond
- Bartolome Juan Francisco, 28, Mooreland Drive; DUI, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; $3,000 bond
- Aubrey Ladd, 21, White Street; public intoxication, resisting arrest by officer; $4,500 bond
- Stephen Henry Lovett, 42, South Wood Lane; violation of probation; $2,500 bond
- Donald Keith Loyd Jr., 32, Old Pencil Mill Road; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
- Gary Thomas Lynn, 34, Ligon Drive; violation of probation (two counts); $5,500 bond
- Carl Gary Marable, 63, Smyrna; violation of probation; released, $2,500 bond
- Alyssa Marie Nelson, 19, Mullinswood Road; possession of schedule 6 drug; released on recognizance
- Amanda Christina Owens-Murphy, 45, Division Stree, Normandy; attachment; released, $500 bond
- Santiago Colula Rodriguez, 26, Cedar River Road; DUI, light law, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; released, $3,000 bond
- Brandon Salamanca, 24, Nashville; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, traffic control device (stop sign); released, $1,000 bond
- Jose Hugo Santiago Robles, 25, Shepard Street; capias (two counts), failure to appear; no bond
- Anthony Gabriel Shurlow, 27, La Vergne; failure to appear, violation of probation; $2,500 bond
- Shawn Thomas Taylor, 50, Bethany Lane; DUI, failure to maintain lane; released, $3,000 bond
- James Lee West, 55, Orchard Drive; simple domestic assault; released, $4,500 bond
- Jennifer Kathleen Zambrano, 33, Barksdale Lane; driving on a suspended license, light law; released on recognizance
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here