By DAVID MELSON - firstname.lastname@example.org
Substances were found in possession of a man found lying in the street shortly after midnight Sunday on Sun Circle, Shelbyville police said.
Joseph Alec McGovern, 25, of Gant Road was awakened by officers, who said they found marijuana and Xanax in his possession.
McGovern was charged with public intoxication and possession of schedule IV and VI drugs and paraphernalia. Bond was set at $7,000.
A suspect was charged with aggravated domestic assault on Thanksgiving Day after allegedly attacking a woman at Blue Ribbon Inn, North Main Street.
Adam Lee Mullins allegedly punched the woman in the face several times, bit her on both arms and attempted to strangle her.
A witness told police she saw the fight in progress over Facebook Live.
Mullins’ bond was set at $7,500.
Patrol car damage
A hanging line from a previous accident tore the spotlight off a Shelbyville Police Department patrol car early Sunday.
Officer Samuel Campbell said in a report he hit a downed utility line on Fairfield Pike at Chestnut Drive at 2:19 a.m. Sunday.
A wooden utility pole had been struck and broken in two in the earlier accident. The broken pole had been left up until AT&T could switch lines to the new pole.
A woman was cited for allegedly changing tags on items throughout the Shelbyville Walmart on Wednesday.
Janette Miller, no address available, was given a court summons for shoplifting.
The following were arrested since Monday by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol, or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Arbando Bacilio Martinez, 19, King Arthur Court; DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, no driver's license/exhibited on demand, violation of drinking age law, violation of implied consent; $7,000 bond
- Audrey Grace Black, 21, El Bethel Road; light law, no driver's license/exhibited on demand, violation of registration law; no bond
- James Keith Boyce, 47, Lewisburg; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, speeding; no bond
- Kara Gowen, 35, Hillsboro; driving on a revoked license, DUI; $6,000 bond
- Christian Allen Lawson, 27, Cedar Circle; driving on a suspended license, DUI, running a red light/stop sign; $3,500 bond
- Daniel Lopez, 53, Barksdale Lane; driver to exercise due care, DUI, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; $2,500 bond
- Domingo Lopez-Gomez, 18, Barksdale Lane; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, running a red light/stop sign; no bond
- Tija Marie McDaniel, 34, Hawthorn Hill Road; possession of schedule 2 drug, possession of schedule 4 drug; $40,000 bond
- Joseph Alec McGovern, 25, Gant Road; possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of schedule 2 drug, possession of schedule 6 drug, public intoxication; $7,000 bond
- Tyler Ray McGuire, 23, Caffey Lane; domestic assault (simple); $2,500 bond
- Michael Shane Mullins, 51, homeless; criminal trespassing; $1,500 bond
- Maria Schultz, 43, Neeley Avenue; light law, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; no bond
- Billie Smith, 66, Union Street; assault; $10,000 bond
- Zachary Mitchell Taylor, 24, Conquest Court, Unionville; driver to exercise due care, DUI, financial responsibility, open container law, reckless/careless driving, seatbelt law; $2,500 bond
- Donavan Dewayne Waller, 34, Neeley Avenue; driving on a revoked license, DUI, light law, open container law; $16,500 bond
- Justin Dequan Watkins, 34, Charles Place; violation of probation (two counts); $5,000 bond
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here